International Advisory Committee
The Internationalization Advisory Committee (IAC) works with the Chief International Officer to coordinate campus international activities.
IAC activities could include
- Cataloging and reviewing international agreements and partnerships
- Developing resources to describe, explain, and promote international activities at UMD
- Clearly defining roles for various units in accomplishing key internationalization tasks
- Ensuring that the strategic plan for internationalization is achieved
Study Abroad Advisory Council
The Study Abroad Advisory Council consists of faculty members who provide oversee academic aspects of our faculty-led short-term program proposals. This group meets annually, or as needed.
- Review and evaluate proposals for faculty-led study abroad programs, making recommendations, and selecting programs to run
- Council members will assess programs for a wide range of functions and aspects, including but not limited to
- health and safety
- potential to meet enrollment goals
- geographic and disciplinary representation
- Other related factors
- Council members are expected to work in confidence unless asked to represent the group for appropriate external meetings or gatherings