Study Abroad Faculty Advisory Council
The University of Minnesota Duluth has developed a Study Abroad Faculty Advisory Council. Council members serve a three-year term and during their term they assist with:
- Review and evaluate proposals for faculty-led study abroad programs
- Make recommendations and select which faculty programs to run
- Assess study abroad programs for a wide range of functions and aspects, including but not limited to academics, logistics, health, safety, potential to meet enrollment goals, geographic and disciplinary representation, as well as other related factors
- Karl Markgraf (Chair), Director of International Programs and Services (IPS)
- Bri Litz, Associate Director Study Abroad (IPS)
- Hilary Kowino 2021-2024 CAHSS
- Wenqing Zhang 2022-2025, LSBE
- Erin Pepelnjak 2023-2026, CEHSP
- Allen Mensinger 2023-2026, SCSE
About study abroad at UMD
Study Abroad at UMD
Study Abroad at UMD
Collaboration with faculty and staff on campus helps to make international education possible. Below are ways you can get involved in encouraging international education opportunities. Contact our office at any time. We look forward to working with you.
Study Abroad Class Presentations
Let us come to you! Study abroad alumni or staff can give a brief presentation about study abroad to your class or student group. We'll share a little about our experiences, a few photos, and general information about how to get started. Request a presentation below or show students this overview video.
One of the most effective ways students learn about study abroad is by hearing about it directly from faculty, staff, or advisors. We hope you're willing to recommend, encourage, and support these opportunities! We don't expect you to know all about study abroad, so please feel free to send students our way. Study Abroad 101 is the first step and is available every Tue. & Wed. at noon (a perfect session for interested students to attend). Students can also watch the Study Abroad 101 video if they are unable to attend the in-person session. If students want to talk with any of our student workers or staff they can schedule a meeting at any time.
Display Promotional Materials
We're happy to provide printed materials for you to display in your office or classrooms. To request promotional materials, contact our front desk: [email protected]