International Programs and Services (IPS) support the development and maintenance of various types of international and domestic partnerships. Partnerships are generally established on an institutional level.
Many of our partnerships develop from faculty relationships.
Then more formal partnerships develop, encompassing a wide range of activities, such as:
- Student and faculty mobility
- Dual degree programs
- Joint research
- Scholarship opportunities
International Programs and Services (IPS) is interested in working with faculty, staff, departments, and collegiate units to help develop partnerships.
In all cases, partnerships require University resources beyond faculty or staff time. If you are interested in developing a partnership, please consult IPS staff for guidance and support.
Partnership Agreement Template Examples
To ensure compliance with University policies and procedures, IPS works directly with the University of Minnesota System Office of the General Counsel (OGC) on all partnership agreement templates. Examples of these templates include:
- Memorandum of understanding
- One-way sending agreement
- One-way receiving agreement (i.e. incoming students)
- Student exchange
- Student & faculty exchange
- Joint Research
The above templates are intended as guidelines and can be altered with approval from the OGC. Details outlining the terms of the agreement can either be embedded in the document or subsequently added as an addendum to the agreement. IPS staff will facilitate all necessary engagement with partner institutions and OGC staff.
UMD's Domestic Partnerships
- American Association of State Colleges & Universities
- Lakeview Christian Academy
- Marshall School
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Minnesota Trade Office
- North Cedar Academy
- Study Minnesota
- Saint John's Preparatory School
- San Mateo County Community College District
- University of Minnesota
- U.S. Commercial Service
UMD's International Partnerships
- Beijing Offcn Education & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Changshu Institute of Technology
- China Center for International Educational Exchange
- Dongbei University of Finance and Economics
- Edres Educational Services
- Lixiang Education Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Ningbo Huamao International School
- Ocean University of China
- Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi
- Universidad Panamericana
- Universidad Popular Autonoma del Estado de Puebla
Fax: (218) 726-7352
138 Kirby Plaza
1208 Kirby Drive
Duluth, MN 55812